My mom’s wreath–done!

1 Aug

I took my comp day (from working at NAMM last weekend) on Friday and decided I wasn’t going to do anything except finish some projects and do my training. Since I lent my sewing machine to Sharlene so she and her friends could make up some pillow cases, I decided that that was the day I’d finish my mom’s wreath. And finish it I did! I cut back a bit on the number of acorns, but I think it looks pretty good.

Overall, Martha gets an A+ for this one. I made some mistakes and it was really, really labor-intensive, but I think it still turned out great. The one thing I had trouble with was finishing off the acorns. I was supposed to stitch the bottom of the velvet covering, pull it together, and cinch it shut, finishing it off with a pearl bead at the end. None of my acorns quite came out right. I’m wondering if it’s because I used cotton velvet rather than rayon or silk velvet.

I can’t wait to mail it to my mom tomorrow!

IMG_0021.jpg
Where I started…

IMG_0024.jpg
The finished product!

Advertisements
%d bloggers like this: